Browse Items (18 total)

Entrance to Andrews Park, formerly Norman City Park , in 2015.
Creator: Scott, Nathan
Date Created: 2015-12-11

The entrance to Norman City Park, now Andrews Park, in 1944.
Date Created: 1944-08-20

This is the Pavillion built at Abe Andrews Park under the New Deal and is reserved for many activities from reunions to picnics to meetings. The fireplace is on the other side where there is a covered area and bathrooms for use as well.
Creator: Lemons, Cindy
Date Created: 2015-10

These are pictures of the bridges and part of the drainage ditch that were built by the WPA during the Great Depression under the New Deal. Young men were able to work through the National Youth Administration (NYA) and participated in the building…

Bridges and drainage ditches completed by the WPA and NYA funding and labor.
Creator: Lemons, Cindy
Date Created: 2015-10

The back view of Andrews Park Amphitheater in 2015.
Creator: Ritaine, Simon
Date Created: 2015-10-03

This is a statue of the caretaker who had provided those services for 30 years for which the park was named. It was later changed to Andrews Park in 1956. A chainsaw was used to carve the statue from a tree.
Creator: Lemons, Cindy
Date Created: 2015-10

Amphitheater at the Norman City Park, taken circa 1937.
Date Created: ca. 1937

This is a photo of the caretaker, James A. Andrews, of Norman City Park for 30 years. It was later renamed Abe Andrews Park in 1956.
Creator: Lemons, Cindy
Date Created: 2015-10

Output Formats

atom, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-json, omeka-xml, rss2