Browse Items (37 total)

Karl_Ferdinand_Wimar_-_Chief_Billy_Bowlegs.jpg
Painting depicting Chief Billy Bowlegs. The town of Bowlegs was named for his descendent.
Date Created: 1861

MekusukeyMissionAcademy.jpg
Academy built in 1891 in Seminole by the Seminole for boys before schools were integrated and the building was closed in 1930.
Date Created: 1891-1930

Last of the Seminoles.pdf
Article from Fort Gibson Post telling of the death of Seminole Chief, Tallahassee in Florida. Tells of some of the fighting between Seminoles and United States government and subsequent removal to Indian Territory
Creator: Holden, J. S.
Date Created: 1909-04-22

Morris564_150.jpg
The landscape of Seminole, filled with oil fields.
Date Created: 1928

Grave and home of John Brown.pdf
Brief biography of Chief John F. Brown
Date Created: 1930s

Project Two Seminole Post Office Mural.jpg
Mural located inside the Seminole Post Office. Completed in 1939, as a New Deal project.
Date Created: 1939

BCRCBuilding01.jpg
The current building hosting the Seminole Nation BCR Commission since 1988. It is the last building remaining from the original Mekusukey Academy for Boys, destroyed by fire in 1935. It was originally used as a steam room.
Date Created: 20--

abandoned bridge.jpg
Abandoned bridge on Old Highway 99 south of Bowlegs. Crossing Little River.
Date Created: 2015-11-29
Output Formats

atom, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-json, omeka-xml, rss2